Allan Brison and his wife, Betsy Goldberg, are homeowners in the East
Rock community of New Haven. Allan is a retired Computer Programmer
& Analyst who developed Business Applications for small to medium
firms in the early days of relational data base programming.He has also
been a pioneering stay-at-home dad involved in the home schooling of
his children. Betsy is the manager of the Fair Haven branch of the New
HavenFree Public Library. They have lived on Everit Street since 1997.
More About Allan:
- Born in Paterson, New Jersey
- Graduated from Ridgewood High School, Ridgewood, New Jersey
- Studied two years at Rice University, Houston, Texas
- Served two years in the US Army stationed in Hawaii
- Lived two years in Mexico earning a BA from from Mexico City College
- Spent six months planting trees in Mozambique
- Ran for Ward 10 Alder in 2001, winning 38% in a 3-way race
- On the Board of Alderman, Allan has served on the following
committees:Human Services, Education, Blue Ribbon Budget Review Panel,
Peace Commission, and Litigation Settlement Committee.
- Co-chair of the New Haven Green Party since 2004
- Has an avid interest in contra dancing and hiking
- Regularly bikes to City Hall for Board of Aldermen meetings.